Defending Multiple DWI Offenses.
Is This Your Second or Third DWI Offense?
The penalties for the second and third DWI offense or more are stiffer than for the first offense. If you are in this situation, you need to take the situation seriously as you may face heavy fines and jail time. It is urged that you contact a skilled attorney to help you with a proper defense for your case.
Penalties for the Second Offense
- You may be in jail from 30 days to one year. If there is a child of 15 years or under in the car, your jail time may be from 180 days to two years.
- You may be fined up to $4000 and, if a 15 year old is in the car, up to $10000.
- You will pay a DWI surcharge fee of $1500 to $2000 for three years
- Your driver license is suspended from 180 days to 2 years.
- Community service is from 80 to 200 hours.
Penalties for the Third Offense and More
- As this is a felony, you face jail in the penitentiary from 2 to 10 years.
- You may be fined up to $10000.
- You will pay a DWI surcharge fee of $1500 to $2000 for three years.
- Your license may be suspended from 180 days to 2 years.
- Community Service is from 160 to 600 hours
Seasoned Legal Representatives Ready to Defend You
At our firm, we are a vigilant in serving the Fort Worth area. We are experienced in mounting effective defenses to multiple DWI offenses. We are also familiar with methods of reducing your penalties including probation and education courses. We would like to meet with you. We will evaluate your case to see what defenses may apply and then recommend your best course of action.